Looking to score high in the SOF IEO (International English Olympiad) exam this time? To excel in the highly competitive exam you need to brush up on your concepts, be fluent in vocabulary/grammar, avoid silly mistakes and much more.
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) conducts the IEO Olympiad examination each year. It is the most preferred among students. The quality of questions asked in this examination are exceptionally good and demands students to be clear in concepts.
Preparation for Olympiad exams requires strategy & correct approach. In this article, we’ll share with you the best tips on how to prepare for IEO.
Best SOF IEO Tricks & Tips for preparation
1. Understand exam syllabus & pattern
It is important that you go through the IEO syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly and then plan your preparation. It will help to understand what questions you can expect in the main examination. It is an examination where multiple-choice questions are asked & that too are concept-based. Most exams come with a pre-study guide that explains about the exam in detail. We should read and understand it properly to excel in the exam.
2. Stick to the study schedule
Prepare a proper time table or study schedule for your IEO Olympiad preparation and follow it diligently. A study schedule should typically include 5 study days followed by a day for your assessment. To ensure success in the exam you will have to stick to the schedule without failure until your examination.
3. Practice IEO Sample Papers and Mock tests
Before participating in the Olympiad exam, you must practice IEO sample papers and attempt mock tests. This will help you determine your weak and strong areas. It teaches you time management since most of the time students are unable to complete their papers. This way you would get an exact idea about how much time you take to solve the paper and can work on improving it. Practicing IEO Olympiad sample papers enhances your problem-solving skills, accuracy and boosts your confidence level.
When you’re completed around 80-90% of the syllabus, it’s time for you to attempt mock tests. Attempt atleast 5-10 online mock tests before the main IEO exam. This will help you to learn time management and boost your IEO preparation. You can buy IEO mock tests online to boost your IEO exam preparation.
4. IEO Books / IEO Workbooks
- Refer English NCERT textbook. You can find good number of questions from NCERT book.
- Science Olympiad Foundation also offers the MTG International English Olympiad (IEO) workbook to enhance the vocabulary and grammar skills of students.
5. English Olympiad Coaching
- In order to prepare yourself for the IEO exam, you can take the help of Olympiad coaching. Olympiad Success (India’s best online Olympiad preparation platform) offers the best Olympiad training for students in grades 2-10. Students of Olympiad Success had done exceptionally well in the Olympiads. 40+ International Rank 1s in various Olympiads from Olympiad Success in session 2020-21. Olympiad Succes is the most preferred & affordable Olympiad trainer in the Olympiad exams space.
- We’ve English Olympiad preparation courses available for students in grades 2-10 that cover IEO Olympiad preparation. One-to-one as well group online classes are available.
- What’s included in the Olympiad Success LIVE Classes?
1. Online LIVE interactive sessions
2. Recording of the sessions made available
3. Reading material and exercises after each session
4. Practice on previous years’ questions
5. Class test and additional worksheets for practice (that includes topic-wise tests & mock tests)
6. Avoid distractions
Selecting the right place for your preparation is equally important. Preparing for these types of competitive exams requires an ample amount of practice which can only be attained through undisturbed concentration in studies. Hence, choose a proper calm and quiet place for your study where you can practice without any sort of distractions.
7. Stay healthy
Avoid late-night study in order to stay healthy and do well. Proper sleep of around 8 hours is necessary as it helps your brain to retain any new information and boosts your memory. Sleeping also helps to reduce stress. It is always advisable to relax and sleep well on the night before the actual exam. Consider it like other exams and avoid panicking before the exam and stay relaxed.
We hope these preparation tips and tricks will help you in preparing for the upcoming International English Olympiad exam. Don't forget to share with your peers appearing for the examination.
FAQs on IEO Olympiad
Q.1. How Olympiad Success LIVE Classes can help in the SOF IEO Olympiad exam preparation?
Olympiad Success is popularly known as the most recommended online Olympiad preparation platform that enables students to boost their preparation for Olympiad exams.
Olympiad Success offers meticulously designed Live Olympiad classes for Olympiad exam preparation in Maths, Science, English & Reasoning for grades 2-10. Olympiad Success offers students one-to-one & group classes. To know more details about the ongoing and upcoming batches of Olympiad Success, check here.
Q.2. How many IEO mock tests should one appear before attempting the actual examination?
Students are advised to practice a variety of different mock tests before the examination. You can either purchase or can find it for free on many Olympiad preparation websites. Start to practice mock tests alteast one month before the examination when your syllabus is almost complete. It works best to boost confidence in students & identify the areas where improvement is needed. Attempt 3-5 mock tests before the final exam.
Q.3. How much time does it take to prepare for the SOF IEO Olympiad?
Preparing for Olympiad exams varies from child to child. There is no fixed duration set for excelling in the examination. Every student has their own speed of learning, few are very quick at learning new skills and techniques while on the other hand few of them are very slow learners. Olympiad exams have laid their standard in terms of difficulty and higher-level questions. It is generally advised by mentors to start preparing atleast 6-7 months before the actual examination.
Q.4. How many hours should one study daily to prepare for the SOF IEO Olympiad?
As we all know, learning is a never-ending process. Therefore, the more kids study the more they become confident about giving the examination. Studying for atleast 1-2 hours a day is sufficient to grasp all details of the examinations and score well.
Q.5. What free SOF IEO preparation resources can I find on Olympiad Success?
Following are free resources you can refer to that are available on Olympiad Success:
- Check IEO syllabus
- Practice IEO sample papers
- Attempt English Olympiad Saturday to Saturday Free Mock Tests available for practice.