Online Science CBSE and Olympiad Classes Syllabus for Grade 8
Olympiads are the stepping stones to achieve better results in the competitive world that lies ahead in the life of the child. Science Olympiad examinations help students to improve their practical skills along with their analytical and problem solving abilities. It also helps in improving the academic performance. Along with that CBSE syllabus also plays a crucial role in the same.
Hence, Olympiad Success Live has designed a long-term course for Science preparation which includes both CBSE syllabus and Olympiad for class 8. This long-term course will help in building the foundation of the child. For this, we have done great efforts in finding the tutor for class 8 Science CBSE and Olympiad preparation with relevant background and experience.
If you are interested in purchasing this course, then please Enrol Now. You will be redirected to the batch detail page, wherein you can see all the details like batch start and demo dates, fess and the registration link related to Science CBSE and Olympiad for class 8 course.
Grade 8 CBSE Science syllabus identifies age-appropriate content. It is utilized as a driving factor to develop scientific temper and scientific thinking by:
- Developing process skills of science. The skills include
- making observations
- posing questions
- looking for various resources of learning in search of the questions
- planning investigations
- making and testing hypothesis
- using various tools for collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- communicating explanations with evidence
- justifying explanations
- critically thinking to consider and evaluate alternative explanations
- reflecting on their thinking by comparing what they think with what the scientific community thinks
- engaging in sustained discussion
- Making generalisation, proving or disproving hypothesis, developing explanations, communicating and applying.
- Imbibing the development of historical perspectives; environmental concerns and sensitivity.
- Developing respect for human dignity and rights, gender equity, values of honesty, integrity, cooperation, and concern for life.
The content of grade 8 CBSE Science is consistent with the cognitive development of the student which includes:
- Crop Production and Management
- Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
- Coal and Petroleum
- Combustion and Flame
- Conservation of Plants and Animals
- Cell – Structure and Functions
- Reproduction in Animals
- Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- Force And Pressure
- Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
- Some Natural Phenomena
- Stars And The Solar System
- Pollution of Air and Water
Check the detailed syllabus below. For Olympiads preparation, you can check the syllabus here!
Keeping in mind the curricular expectations, Olympiad Success Live has designed a course for CBSE and Olympiads Science preparation for class 8 students. And for this, we have the right set of tutors with relevant background and experience for class 8 Science CBSE and Olympiads preparation.
To fulfill these curricular expectations, our course will help the students for class 8 with the following and will help in inculcating values among students too:
- Observe surroundings, natural processes, phenomena through visuals, touch, smell, feel, etc.
- Share observations with others, discuss, pose questions that can be answered through scientific investigations, seek information and formulate hypothesis
- Prove the hypothesis by designing and performing activities, experiments, surveys, etc.
- Observe the changes/findings during the activity, experiments, surveys, etc.
- Analyse data, interpret results and draw inferences
- Communicate explanation and argument with evidence.
If you are interested in enrolling for this grade 8 Science course, then you can pay the fees here. After payment, kindly WhatsApp us your name, class and subject at +91 95607 64447
Crop Production and Management
- Agricultural Practices
- Basic Practices of Crop Production
- Preparation of Soil
- Protection from Weeds
- Food from Animals
Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Where do Microorganisms Live?
- Microorganisms and Us
- Harmful Microorganisms
- Food Preservation
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Nitrogen cycle
Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- What are Synthetic Fibres?
- Types of Synthetic Fibres
- Characteristics of Synthetic Fibres
- Plastics as Materials of Choice
- Plastics and the Environment
Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
- Physical Properties of Metals and Non-metals
- Chemical Properties of Metals and Non-metals
- Uses of Metals and Non-metals
Coal and Petroleum
- Natural Gas
- Some Natural Resources are Limited
Combustion and Flame
- What is Combustion?
- How Do We Control Fire?
- Structure of a Flame
- What is a Fuel?
- Fuel Efficiency
Conservation of Plants and Animals
- Deforestation and Its Causes
- Consequences of Deforestation
- Conservation of Forest and Wildlife
- Biosphere Reserve
- Flora and Fauna
- Endemic Species
- Wildlife Sanctuary
- National Park
- Red Data Book
- Recycling of Paper
Cell – Structure and Functions
- Discovery of the Cell
- The Cell
- Organisms show Variety in Cell Number, Shape and Size
- Cell Structure and Function
- Parts of the Cell
- Comparison of Plants and Animals Cells
Reproduction in Animals
- Modes of Reproduction
- Sexual Reproduction
- Asexual Reproduction
Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- Adolescence and Puberty
- Changes at Puberty
- Secondary Sexual Characters
- Role of Hormones in Initiating Reproductive Function
- Reproductive Phase of Life in Humans
- How is the Sex of the Baby Determined?
- Hormones other than Sex Hormones
- Role of Hormones in Completing the Life History of Insects and Frogs
- Reproductive Health
Force And Pressure
- Force: A push or a Pull
- Forces are due to an Interaction
- Exploring Forces
- A Force can Change the State of Motion
- Force can Change the Shape of an object
- Contact Forces
- Non-contact Forces
- Pressure Exerted by Liquids and Gases
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Force of Friction
- Factors affecting Friction
- Friction: A Necessary Evil
- Increasing and Reducing Friction
- Wheels Reduce Friction
- Fluid Friction
- Sound is Produced by Vibrating Bodies
- Sound Produced by Humans
- Sounds Needs a Medium for Propagation
- We Hear Sound through Our Ears
- Aptitude, Time Period and Frequency of a vibration
- Audible and Inaudible Sounds
- Noise and Music
- Noise Pollution
Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
- Do Liquids Conduct Electricity?
- Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
Some Natural Phenomena
- Charging by Rubbing
- Types of Charges and Their Interaction
- Transfer of Charge
- The Story of Lightning
- Lightning Safety
- What makes Things Visible
- Laws of Reflection
- Regular and Diffused Reflection
- Reflected Light Can be Reflected Again
- Multiple Images
- Sunlight – White or Coloured
- What is inside Our Eyes?
- Care of the Eyes
- Visually Impaired Persons Can Read and Write
- What is Braille System?
Stars And The Solar System
- The Moon
- The Stars
- The Solar System
- Some Other Members of the Solar System
Pollution of Air and Water
- Air Pollution
- How does Air Get Polluted?
- Case Study- The Taj Mahal
- Greenhouse Effect
- What can be done?
- Water Pollution
- How does Water Get Polluted?
- What is Potable Water and How is Water Purified?
- What Can be Done?